Tuesday, February 17, 2009

The Missionaries...

Today when I got home from work, the Mormon Missionaries were standing on our porch and, I presume, hoping to come in. By the time I actually got inside myself, Lisa had already invited them in and, as I burst in through the back door, I could see them huddling in the dark in the front entryway.

I had met the taller of the two, but the shorter one, Elder Anderson I believe, was new. He introduced himself, asked what I did for work and confessed a fear and hatred of math. Although I am a math teacher, I never feel anything but sympathy when a person doesn't like math. To me, its like somebody saying they don't like ice cream. Sad really.

Anyway, he went on to ask if we knew anbody who was maybe looking for religion in their life, and I immediately thought of my annoyingly passive aggressive neighbor who reported us to the landlord for having garbage on our porch. I said, "Yes, I think our neighbors are in need of something," I didn't want to tell them that the thing I though my neighbor needed was a kick in the backside, but I continued anyway, "I think you need to stop by and give them a talk on charity and loving thy neighbor..."

No comments:

Post a Comment