Monday, February 16, 2009

Good Fences Make Good Neighbors...

Imagine my delight this morning when I received an unexpected phone call from my landlord, who just wanted to inform me that one of our neighbors had called to complain of our, admittedly very large, garbage pile which had been collecting on our back porch for the past two weeks. I was totally fine with the idea that they were not impressed with our Mount Everest sized pile of waste, but I was not fine with the idea that they did not ask us themselves to do something about it. I have always tried to stay out of my neighbor's way, as it is our philosophy that there are neighbors and there are friends and never the two shall meet. The problem here is that their dog, patches, or snuggles or whatever the heck his name is has been pillaging our trash ever since we moved here. Furthermore, the man is one of those "guys" who spend a great deal of time standing around looking macho, striking poses of impressive masculinity and throw off the "I am the toughest man on the block, so don't mess with me" vibe. However, when it comes to a simple human confrontation, they don't have the sack to do it themselves...Its sad really.

No comments:

Post a Comment